What you do every morning sets the tone for the rest of your day and entire life. Have you ever noticed that on mornings you don’t repeatedly hit the alarm clock that you get more things done? Mix that productivity with a little positivity and you have the perfect recipe for a good day. We’ve compiled a list of eight healthy morning rituals to help improve your day (and life).
1) Wake Up Early
You know what they say … the early bird catches the worm! In order to fit this amazing morning ritual into your a.m., you’ll have to give yourself enough time to do it. If you’re a night owl then jumping out of bed the first time your alarm clock goes off can be difficult. Over time, though, your body will get used to your new schedule. Trust me!
2) Oil Pull
Before you eat or drink anything, take some time to oil pull. Chances are you’ve heard about oil pulling — the act that involves putting a spoonful of oil into your mouth, swishing it around for upwards of 20 minutes, and then spitting it out into a trash bag. Today, scientists recognize the many health benefits of oil pulling. Topping the list of benefits is oral health. Oil pulling is one of the best ways to remove bad bacteria and plaque in the mouth, promoting healthy teeth and gums. Find out more about oil pulling here.
3) Drink Lemon Water
Hydration is key for overall health and adding some lemon slices to your H2O bumps up the health factor! Drinking lemon water in the morning has been linked to improved digestive health, strengthened immunity, weight loss, improved mood, rejuvenated skin, and balanced pH levels. Additionally, lemon water acts as a diuretic, meaning it can help the body rid itself of excess fluid retention and toxins.
Click here to see other infused water recipes!
4) Do Some Light Stretches
Taking some time to stretch your whole body helps to wake up your muscles, giving you the energy you need to take on the upcoming day. It doesn’t matter how long your stretching routine lasts as long as you get it done!
One small positive thought can change the outcome of your entire day and nothing breathes positivity like a short meditation session. If you’ve never meditated before, check out our mini meditation guide for beginners:
6) Write Down Your Day’s Top 3 Goals
How often do you wake up with a mental to-do list and by the end of the day you haven’t finished any of those tasks? Maybe you forgot about them or didn’t prioritize them. If this sounds like you, then it’s time to grab a pen and paper and write down your daily goals. Writing things down creates a sense of accountability, meaning you’re more likely to remember what you want to get done and then actually do it!
7) Eat a Healthy Breakfast
Eating a healthy breakfast helps to kickstart your metabolism, provides your body with energy, and helps boost brain power.
What you eat for breakfast can set the tone of your entire day. Answer this: Have you ever felt sluggish after eating greasy hash browns and bacon? What about a sugar crash after eating ooey-gooey pancakes? You shouldn’t feel the need to crawl into bed and take a nap shortly after eating your first meal of the day. Instead, breakfast should give you lots of energy! It should be filled with protein, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals that nourish your body. Click here to see 12 nourishing breakfast ideas (and recipes).
8) Take a High-Quality Probiotic Supplement
In recent months, probiotics have gained HUGE popularity and for good reason! Countless scientific studies show there are beneficial effects of taking probiotics. They link probiotic supplements to:
- Improved digestion
- Weight management
- Increased energy
- Mental clarity
- Healthier skin
- Stronger immunity.
And it gets even better! With just one daily dose of the RIGHT probiotic you can:
- Put an end to embarrassing and equally painful indigestion, i.e. bloating, gas, acid reflux, etc.
- Promote around the clock regularity, relieving yourself of constant constipation and/or diarrhea
- Supercharge your immune system (Remember, 70-80% of the immune system is found in the gut!)
- For women, rid yourself of yeast infections or other vaginal health issues that are brought on by the overproduction of bad bacteria.
- Revitalize your energy, feel refreshed, and recharged. No more 3 o’clock feeling!
- Establish mental clarity by ridding yourself of anxiety, depression, and aggressive thoughts that plague your mind.
- Control your weight! Drop those stubborn pounds you’ve been trying to lose for years!
- End joint pain. No more hurting all over from inflammation throughout the body
- Fix your skin. Eczema, acne, and other unwanted skin conditions are all telltale signs of an unhealthy gut.