Did you know…
We have 10 times more bacteria in our body than we do human cells!
And this bacteria can promote health and vitality, or lead to sickness and disease!
The Digestive System alone has over 100,000,000,000 microbes (bacteria and fungi) living inside it!
That’s a lot of bacteria!
The Human Microbiome Project recently announced it is devoting millions of research dollars to understanding how gut bacteria affects our everyday lives…
And what they are finding is INCREDIBLE!
Studies show our digestive system is a highly complex ecosystem of GOOD and BAD bacteria and if this balance is disrupted it can cause SERIOUS health concerns.
A number of diseases and disorders have been linked to abnormalities and imbalances in gut bacteria. Research shows imbalances in your gut bacteria can lead to:
- Leaky gut syndrome
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Crowns Disease
- Colon Cancer
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Mood Swings
- Brain Fog
- And much much MORE!
Are you struggling with any of these health disorders?
Do you feel like your skating on thin ice?
Is your health hanging on by a thread?
If any of this rings true for you, the good news is probiotics can give you a new lease on life!
In a nutshell, our digestive system has beneficial bacteria called “probiotics” and bad, harmful bacteria, yeast, and fungi.
When our gut is balanced with at least 80% good bacteria, our body and digestive system functions at it best!
In a recent article, Harvard had this to say about probiotics:
“Since the mid-1990s, clinical studies have established that probiotic therapy can help treat several gastrointestinal ills, delay the development of allergies in children, and treat and prevent vaginal and urinary infections in women.
Self-dosing with bacteria isn’t as outlandish as it might seem. An estimated 100 trillion microorganisms representing more than 500 different species inhabit every normal, healthy bowel. These microorganisms (or microflora) generally don’t make us sick; most are helpful. Gut-dwelling bacteria keep pathogens (harmful microorganisms) in check, aid digestion and nutrient absorption, and contribute to immune function.”
Read that last sentence again…
“Gut-dwelling bacteria keep pathogens (harmful microorganisms) in check, aid digestion and nutrient absorption, and contribute to immune function.”
The “gut dwelling bacteria” are PROBIOTICS and according to Harvard, they are responsible for:
- Fighting bad bacteria
- Helping with digestion
- Improving nutrient absorption
- And strengthening immunity!
Needless to say, when Harvard talks, we listen!
And it gets even better…
Dozens of other studies have linked probiotics to:
- Weight management
- Increased energy
- Mental clarity
- Healthier Skin
- And a healthier you!
I think its time to jump on the probiotic bandwagon!
The bottom line is, probiotics are CRITICAL to our health. Trouble is, how do you find the best probiotic and steer clear of all the junk!
When you take probiotics, you are literally swallowing live, living bacteria and to have any effect whatsoever, these sensitive bacteria need to make it down your throat, through your stomach, past the harmful stomach acids and into your small and large intestines.
If at any point in the process they die or do not make it, taking them is completely worthless and you are literally FLUSHING your money down the toilet!
Needless to say, before you run out and buy the first probiotic you see, you must know what to look for and what to avoid!
Here are the top 2 reasons most probiotics do not work!
#1: Most Probiotics Are Dead Before You Take Them
Commercially produced probiotics that are sold in stores like Walmart, Target, GNC, etc. are mass produced for cost savings and may sit in warehouses and on shelves for several months or years before being consumed by you.
Because the live, living bacteria are very sensitive to temperature and die naturally over time, many probiotics are dead or dying before you ever take them when you buy commercially available probiotics! For this reason, we highly recommend staying away from off the shelf probiotics.
Studies show they simply do not work as well and are “hit or miss”… meaning a complete waste of money! Find a company that specializes in Probiotics and produces small batches of probiotics at a time. This means they do not sit on the shelf for months or years before you consume them!
#2: Most Probiotics Are Killed By Harmful Stomach Acid
Most probiotics that are still alive when you take them, struggle to make it through the harmful stomach acids alive! Your stomach is a toxic brew of digestive enzymes and acids designed to breakdown our foods.
But it’s this stomach acid that easily kills the sensitive probiotic bacteria. Therefore, probiotic supplements not using an advanced delivery system are doomed to death and devoid of any good!
An “advanced delivery system“ is designed to protect the sensitive bacteria while they travel through the harmful stomach acids, ensuring the beneficial bacteria make it to the intestines where they are needed!
Before you buy any probiotic supplement, do your homework! Here’s what to look for:
1. Advanced Delivery System: Your probiotics must have an advanced delivery system! Most probiotics that come in veggie capsules simply don’t work! Our stomach is full of harsh acids and digestive enzymes that KILL the sensitive probiotics instantly if they are not properly protected! Look for an advanced delivery system like BIO-Tract® to ensure the probiotics survival.
2. Strain Diversity: Your probiotics must have at least 5 high quality, tested probiotic strains. With over 500 different types of bacteria, research shows some bacteria is BETTER than others! This is KEY! Here are the 5 most beneficial bacteria your probiotic must have in every probiotic:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus: fights Candida and is proven to reduce diarrhea, cramps, and gas. It is of most importance that your probiotic supplement has acidophilus in it!
- Lactobacillus plantarum: supports the lining of your colon to ensure a healthy gut barrier. Shown to ease constipation and diarrhea and resistant to most antibiotics.
- Bifidobacterium bifidum: natural inhabitant of the colon that helps control harmful bacteria, promotes healthy elimination and boosts immune system function. Very very important! This is a must!
- Lactobacillus fermentum: builds your immune system and supports the intestinal wall. Even proven to absorb cholesterol! Fermentum is KEY to keeping your immune system strong and healthy!
- Bifidobacterium longum: prevents inflammation-triggering bacteria, helps to ease diarrhea and lactose intolerance.
3. At least a 60 Day Empty Bottle Guarantee: We only recommend buying supplements from a company with at least a 60 day, 100% satisfaction guarantee. The simple truth is, every body is unique and different and we only recommend buying supplements from a company who firmly stands behind there product with a no questions asked, 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Watch out for false claims and unsupported facts by low quality manufacturers and don’t buy off the shelf, single strain probiotics.
We only recommend buying probiotics from an FDA registered facility. And by the way…
Don’t be fooled by claims of 20, 30 or even 50 Billion CFU’s. Most low quality probiotic companies pack in billions of CFU’s because they don’t have an advanced delivery system to ensure the probiotics survival through the harsh stomach acids and overcompensate by adding billions of CFU’s.
This simply does NOT work.
The stomach acid will kill most of the probiotics (if not all) leaving you with next to nothing! An advanced delivery system is critical to the success of probiotics!
Our favorite probiotic is Perfect Origins – Perfect Biotics VSL!
This powerhouse supplement is the Rolls Royce of probiotics.
Perfect Origins has our highest recommendation and with thousand of happy customers, it’s proven to:
- Repair your gut bacteria after the harmful affects of antibiotics.
- Reduce digestive issues like diarrhea, constipation, gas and bloating.
- Heal damaged, dry skin and reduce acne, eczema and rosacea.
- Strengthen your immune system and protection you from infections.
- Increase your energy through improved digestion, metabolism and nutrient absorption
- And help stabilize your mood while reducing anxiety and depression!
If you have taken antibiotics in the last 5 years or are struggling with digestive issues, skin conditions, weak immunity, low energy or anxiety/depression, you need probiotics.
Take control of your health and begin healing your body from the inside by re-balancing your gut with Perfect Origins – Perfect Biotics VSL and take the first step towards regaining control of your health once and for all.